Black screen! Give me back the light! Please help!

Hi!:star2: please help!!
My Tagtool PRO in iPad Pro shut down and got black. I know it had very limited space then. And I did some advanced animations and saved alot the days before both pins and animations and took screenhsots alot :full_moon_with_face: it kept running (other times when I push the limits it crasched…but not This time so I redused layers) but it couldn´t save anything and I stoped the program to start over and give it more space (I now the resolution needs to be low, but sometimes I like to erase alot…) and now it got space but still it is black. So I did my gigs on another iPad. It whent very well! Amazed! But some stress. (I had not Made the backup on my iPad for a while and I think it whants to update stuff. I dont like to update things before gigs…)

Questions: Can I transport the decks from one iPad to another just in filés without having to be connected to cloud in wi-fi in the Tagtool-app? I dont always have internet were I work so I prefere to save my deck on iPad (prefere to know what I have and not to crash in the bush), but still I find my filés in the cloud (im not. Sure if they are old ones from before I knew that I could choose) and now when its black can I same them the decks if I have to uninstall and reinsatall the Tagtool app?!! I WHANT IT BACK! MY LIGHT!! :sob::exploding_head:

…so I took the other iPad and tried to Fill it to work really hard, it complaned that it was full and I just remembered that it was like 32gb and my PRO is 256gb so when I continued in tagtoolapp I started to reduce layers and it continued to work…i tok screenshots… then I tried to save stuff…it couldnt do that… but still it was runnings so beautiful! (I didnt know it was about to stop open again!!) i tok more screenshots in fullscreen and then I stoped the app to let it rest and empty the space in other programs. It finished without problems (ni more than that I couldnˋt save things). Now when I tried to open Tagtool app it Will not, it is as Black as my ipadpro tagtoolpro app!!! I get to see the Tagtool handeye but then just BLACK.
I did This thing in installations, relieve the app (avlasta in swedish!?) insted of erase the app, and then I tried to update the small iPad to see if it could make it work again?! And when I put Tagtool back, but it Made no difference, so its still black.
Questions:

• So do I have to erase the app totaly??! Will it help?
  • Should I do more backups of the iPad before or just do more decks with fewer animations, is it limited in how many, or how much space is needed?
  • or to update? is uppdatering good or should I not do the updates now?.. and the saved filĂ©s, can I keep them before, or what do I do?!

I love Tagtool! You have Made it so great!!

Im so sorry its broke!! - Identitycrizes here!! :cold_sweat::flushed::alien:what do I do?!? :heavy_heart_exclamation::art::rainbow::dizzy:

…how Will it work again without This happening, now it happened to two iPads i am afraid the third iPad Will get black too, and i cant update the third cause I keep the old Tagtool app there that I love so much! (smooth and good to erasure in layering :heavy_heart_exclamation:) and the small iPads cant I use my animations the same way in them ?

(I tried to have my iPad connected to the computer before, (to Record the livedrawing) but that wouldn´t change it i guess. )

Yours Sandra

• So do I have to erase the app totaly??! Will it help?

I haven´t seen this issue so far. Deleting the app might help.
You can save the deck folder with your Files App from iOS - the content can be transferred by simply copying the “decks” folder.

• Should I do more backups of the iPad before or just do more decks with fewer animations, is it limited in how many, or how much space is needed?

Generally speaking the more complex scenes you create, the more memory you will need. It´s a mix out of all that matters. Complex, long painting and/or eraser strokes in a single layer are very heavy. A lot of animations can ramp up performance. Also alot of loaded PNG/JPG images with big file sizes can slow things down. And finally it also matters if the same iPad also renders an external display as a server.

There is a difference in “Storage Memory” and “RAM memory”. Storage you need to physically save your content and RAM memory you need for actually running the app.

I never had the issue that an iPad was running low on physical space. Running out of RAM happens quite easily especially on older iPad Models.

• or to update? is uppdatering good or should I not do the updates now?.. and the saved filĂ©s, can I keep them before, or what do I do?!

What is your actual iOS you are using?

Very mysterious.
yours,
Mat

Hi
Thankyou!

iOS 12.1.1 on my iPad Pro
and 13.2.2 now on my smaller iPad.

:pray:Sandra