How is Tagtool on low-end iPads? (e.g. 2019 10.2" w/ A10 / 3GB)

Hi all,
Anyone here using the low tier 2019 ipad with tagtool? how does it perform? Obviously more cpu / gpu / ram is better, but how have your entry - level iPad experiences been?

In multiplayer mode does is one a master and one an agent? (meaning a ipad pro can host and a low power can join in)

Thanks!

One of my iPads is a 6th gen 32g 9.7", running 13.4.1 and it works just fine. I do not use it over wifi, though. I plug directly into a projector with a VGA cable.

Thanks @OffLeashArea Have you tried via wifi / airserver and it was a bad experience?

Hi…no, it’s just that the quality of WiFi here in the US varies from poor to not very good to somewhat ok…! I e heard that in Europe WiFi is much more stable and strong, but anyhow here it’s not very dependable. And the small performance space that I use as my studio doesn’t have WiFi at all. Take care…:slight_smile:

Hey,

Technically the app runs on all iPads that can handle iOS 11.
Best performance you can expect on the PRO models.

• 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
  • 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
  • iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
  • iPad Pro (9.7-inch)

Older models we only use for single player workshops, quick demos without any external display.

• iPad Air 2
  • iPad Air
  • iPad (6th generation)
  • iPad (5th generation)
  • iPad mini 4
  • iPad mini 3
  • iPad mini 2

It is a good idea to use the most powerful iPad as server iPad with the external display attached. For multiplayer sessions we use a standard wireless router that can provide a 5 Ghz network. (eg.: Asus AC 66U)

Best,
Mat

1 Like