iPad Pro 2018 freezes after connecting to 2nd display

Hi everybody,

Since I can’t use my Lightning HDMI adapter on the iPad 2018, I ordered some cheap USB-C/HDMI adapter – but it always kept freezing when connected to an external display. When I unplug the display, it goes back to normal.

Now I’ve bought the original Apple USB-C/AV adapter, but the results are the same. It works for a few seconds every now and then, but the screen stays frozen most of the time.

I have tried connecting to a PC monitor, a TV, and a projector (with a 4K/60Hz cable and an older one). I’ve also set the output resolution to the lowest, still no changes. (And apparently, there’s no anti-aliasing settings anymore…?)

Whether I start Tagtool first or connect to the display first, makes no difference.

Do I need a specific type of cable? Other than that, I have no idea what to do. :grimacing:

I attempted a workaround by installing the Windows Tagtool Player (1.0.1 Beta was the latest version I could find), and host/project the session from a PC, but I just got an error message about the server having the wrong version.

Thanks for the report! I will try to reproduce this issue.

In the meantime - anybody else on the forum having this problem?

best,
mat

Im having the same problem with an ipad pro 3rd gen.
Is it because I don’t have tagtool pro?

No, both Basic and Pro version have the same issues.
As far as I understand it has to do with the USB-C port … it handles the video data differently than the old Lightning port, and the Tagtool software can’t translate it properly at the moment.
So future TT updates will resolve that issue (it’s currently being worked on)

1 Like

Same problem here :confused:

is there an update on this issue?

best
g.

Unfortunately the iOS and Mac Catalina Update did a lot of damage.
The external display is our top priority right now - we do our best to fix it as soon as possible.
Hotfixes only work for about 5min - and are not stable.

@morxner did some tests and was not happy at all.

We have to dig deep here.
Best,
Mat

1 Like