PNG transparency bug?

Hi all…so recently im working on a project that in some way pays homage to terry gilliam, so we are using a lot of png with transparency, and so far so good, i’ve done it in the past…but recently with the latest version i have encountered an issue where png that i used just yesterday ( exported with transparency from photoshop) today have the background all white…the way i found around this problem is to always put them in the decks as there it seems to always be ok…anyone else having this issue, because i would love to trust my external libraries instead of having them all in tagtool decks.

EDIT: i just found how we remove items from decks hehe i cant believe it was all the time there lol

thanks in advance

Hey,

The PNG issue is happening when your files are synched via iCloud.

Usually i send my PNG files via Airdrop directly to the iPad. When using the Files App i need to save the PNG images manually to the Camera Roll.

Best,
Mat

2 Likes

Thank you so much man…this explains a lot because yes im working\testing in this project remotely and we are using dropbox to share libraries!

Just found a hint that might help when using PNG with transparent background.

You have to turn off the “Optimize” option at “iCloud Photo Library”, an even then, the old images on my iPhone continue to “prefer” the jpg when sharing, only the newer ones (after I turned it off) are keeping the transparency.

1 Like

Hello people,
Sorry for taking you back with the transparency issue,
But for me the issue persists,
I’m quite new with the new Tagtool version, and the general impression is very positive.
With the only problem, that the imported to Tagtool images still keep the white backgrounds.
I import from Procreate the transparent png layers, saving them into iPad photos, they become with white background (but still pngs). When I’m sending them back to Procreate - they keep being transparent,
When I import them to Tagtool, they gain white background. Have anybody experienced this kind of stuff? now I tried all the previously suggested things - no change…
Would be glad to hear if anybody would have some suggestions about this.
Thanks

iCloud is optimising your photos - that is usually the problem when importing PNG with alpha.
Try to disable “Optimize iPad Storage” - that should fix the issue.

mat

Thanks, didn’t get it at the beginning, but now it works