Still on the subject save tagtool animations on a mac

Hello I would like to know what Blackmagic bought to be able to record tagtool animations in good quality.

I bought the "blackmagic ultra studio mini recorder "and it does not work. I bought the “blackmagic ultra studio mini monitor” and it does not work either. Is it possible to know which one is necessary and also to have the diagram drawn to understand well. I would like registered on my computer and then work on modul8.

I know I can use airserver but I do not think it’s good quality.

Thank you so much for your help

Hey,

I don´t have very good experience with Blackmagic and capturing iPad video signals. I used this capture device from Magewell and it worked well.

I just connected the iPad to the device(via HDMi) then to the laptop (via USB 3.0) and selected the source in the videomixer software.

best,
Mat

[quote=“iink, post:2, topic:1493”]
I don´t have very good experience with Blackmagic and capturing iPad video signals. I used this capture device from Magewell and it worked well.

Thank you Matt for your information. I work with Mac and I have USB2. If I buy the magewell what software can I use? OBS? Or is it possible to go directly to Modul8? I do not think personally but maybe … And I think I can use USB2.

Tell me, is it possible to use Magewell between the I pad (tagtool) and Modul8 on the mac. Directly?
How are you doing? what software did you use?
Thank you for your answers to those who save their tagtool creations to their mac computer.

i use black syphon! And then i capture it through resolume, i guess it will be similare with module 8 (?)

1 Like

Sofia_Cor thank you for your help. Can you explain to me the path that you practice technically. You start tagtool with the lightning and you go directly into your mac with an HDMI input, and then? Is this already just what I imagine? Thank you for your help

Yes! i use the black mirror with hdmi to capture the ipad image. Then i open de black syphon, setup it in 720p59.94 (i don´t know why like this),

and then i bring the black syphon to Resolume as a Source

and then just starting playing on Resolume.

So it is extremely important to do it in the right order.

1. Plug your computer to the screen or projector.
  2. Plug the blackmirror to ipad.
  3. open black syphon and capture it.
  4. open Resolume Arena. I guess it will be similar for Module 8 but i haven´t use this software yet.

Thank you it’s great to understand better. When you write black mirror you mean blackmagic?
And when you create on tagtool it goes in Resolume and then directly the projector?
Can you put in memory and keep your sequences?
And can you take them out of Resolume to use them for example for youtube? Or work in a video software to put the sound?
I hope yu understand.
Is it possible to see your artwork? What do you do?
With pleasure Pascale