Tagtool 1.2.0 available now

Tagtool 1.2.0 is available on the iOS App Store now! This version has a lot of under-the-hood improvements and significantly improves performance and stability, especially for complex sessions. Upgrading should be safe, but as always we recommend backing up your content before you make the jump.

If you wanna support our work, please consider writing a review on the App Store :love_you_gesture:

Happy Tagtooling!

Changes:

• Performance and stability improvements
  • Support for external display over USB-C
  • Support for Apple Pencil 2
7 Likes

thank you!! i am happy to see that!! this thursday i’ll have a performance and i’ll be test it there!!

1 Like

Hey Akua,
good luck for your performance, let us know how it goes!

1 Like

This is Amazing, Thank you.

:pray:t3: Thank you!
I was able to put together a great animated album cover for a Grammy Nominated band with Tagtool! It was super challenging to keep it from crashing just when I was almost finished. I didn’t give up and it worked out awesomely! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

2 Likes

Hey @Spill,
Sounds great! Did the crashes get better after the update to version 1.2.0? And, would love to see the cover you made!

Thanks Maki
Haven’t updated yet but found that if I scaled everything down it helped.
It’s a great app, would be great to export more easily:) :v:t2:
https://gph.is/g/Z2d3oob

@maki the session was really good!
All the connections works fine with the upgrade.
thank you!!

2 Likes

Great work! Thanks a lot! It copes with my painting style much better now.
I am just missing the zini-effect in the tail of the aiming function a little, as it was a lot of fun to let the dots dance.

2 Likes

@Sascha

The new aimer will rise and shine in the next updates. Promise.

OH NO…PLEASE NOT AGAIN!!! Is there a way to revert to the previous version of the app…once again im 2 days away from a live show and this shit happens…seriously i LOVE your app, but i just cant understand why release new versions when you don’t update the player, my live shows i am away from the projector so i must use my laptop with the player to connect to projector…now…am i missing something here? Cause the player available didnt work even with the previous version of the app (1.1.0)…is the player something that isnt suppose to be continued, if not what are the options to use the tagtool away from the projector, and wireless, as im usually am moving around while drawing…i also make video teasers for the shows ( was about to do the one for the show on friday ) and for this i record on my macbook with the player and a session opened there.

Please am i not seeing something obvious? Do i have to be working directly connected to the projector at all times…or is there another way around that im not seeing besides running the player in my laptop? Last time i was saved by someone in the dev team that send me the 1.1.0 player 30 minutes before the show started and all went good…but this was like in august 2019, the fact that since then not even this old version of the player was put online really makes me think im the only o e using it.

Please…once again…HELP

Also on a side note how do i deactivate the auto update from this app in ios…i cant go through this every time i have an important show, problem is that i usually use player just for teh show itself, and to record teaser the days before, so i practice only on ipad, and always find myself in this really horrible situation when its to late to cancel the show…i really dont know what to do, this stress eats me alive…

Hey @Vvvitooor
Please note the only official Tagtool version is the iPad version on the app store (and the functionally identical SE version for use with Apple School Manager). There are rumors of leaked dark web versions of the “Player”, but this is an unofficial and highly dubious practice. Stay tuned for news of an offical release!