New version! Tagtool 1.4.1 is available on the App Store

We’re happy to announce the release of Tagtool version 1.4.1. This update includes the return of the smooth Aim Trail feature, and new Output Quality settings. We’ve also fixed issues with the app not starting on some older devices, fixed crashes when connecting/disconnecting external displays, and improved general performance and stability.

You can download the matching PC and Mac versions here.
Please be aware that the desktop “server” versions are unsupported and provided as-is. Their main use is to share the Tagtool canvas with other visuals apps using Spout or Syphon. You can join Tagtool running on iPads to the server over Wifi or Ethernet using the multiplayer feature.

Tagtool SE, the “school edition” which is suitable for bulk purchasing with volume discount, has been updated too.

Thank you for your support, and happy Tagtooling!

RELEASE NOTES:

• Aim Trail: brought back the smooth fading trail when using the aiming function
  • Added Output Quality settings under Main Menu > Graphics Settings. This affects how smooth the artwork appears on the external display, in fullscreen mode or in video recordings. “Low Quality (no AA)” disables Anti-aliasing and is a good option on slower devices. “Medium Quality (FXAA)” and “Medium Quality (SMAA)” offer two different versions of fast smoothing, SMAA as the default setting. “High Quality (MSAA)” looks best but is the slowest option.
  • Super Sampling: this option appears in the Graphics Settings menu on iPads with M1 processor or faster. This is an ultra high quality setting recommended only for high end devices or offline renders with the realtime capture switch turned off in Capture Settings.
  • Fixed issue with app not starting on some older devices
  • Remember last used server name for online sessions
  • fix crashes when connecting/disconnecting external display
  • lots of bug fixes and performance optimizations
4 Likes

On macOs 13.1, on a MacBook Pro (2018 – i7 – Radeo Pro Vega 20 – 32GB)

When I try to open this version I get the message:
““Tagtool-1.4.1-b20.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.”

Version Tagtool_1.4-beta25_Mac is working fine.

Thank you

Hi @quasi,
Please download the Mac version again. It should work now. You will probably need to right-click the app and choose “open”. This is because by default Mac OS blocks apps downloaded from the internet fo security reasons.
Let us know if that resolves your issue!
Maki

1 Like

Hi Omai,
these are great news! Thank you very much. You revive my old iMAC with the new Player. But I need a hint to fix the problem: TagTool-SE Vers. 1.4.1 b19 cant join the Session because “Der Server hat eine abweichende Version” The older version works well.
All the best from Bremen!
Daniel

Hey @Daniel

A new version of Tagtool SE with the correct version number 1.4.1 b20 will appear on the App Store in the coming days. In the meantime, you can work around this problem:

• triple tap the version number in the main menu on the Mac or PC version to bring up the Debug Menu
  • choose “Ignore network version check”

You can safely do this because version 19 and 20 are functionally identical. The numbers seem to have gotten out of sync because Apple initially rejected the standard Tagtool version but did accept the SE version, even though they are the same.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I will wait for the new SE-Version.

Bytheway I found 2 Problems in the Mac-Version:
ESC doesn’t works and
You can’t save the setting „ignore version“
Cu
Daniel

@Daniel

Turns out we will only be able to sync the version numbers between standard Tagtool and Tagtool SE with the next update due to Apple’s versioning policies. As a workaround in the meantime, here’s a special Desktop version of Tagtool SE (Mac+PC) set to the matching version 1.4.1-b19. Hope this resolves your problem for now!

The next update where everything will be in sync again is coming up in the next few weeks.

About ESC not working for quitting the app on Mac/PC: this is actually intentional because we want to avoid accidential closing of the app during live shows. For now you can close Tagtool with Alt+F4 on PC and Command+Q on Mac. In the next update there will be a “Quit” button in the main menu.

Thanks for letting us know that the “ignore version” setting is not being saved.

cheers
M

1 Like

Hi @maki ,
The tagtool is opening now on macOs and I am able to synch with my iPad.

Although changing options in the settings is very slow, the app seems to work well.

Thank you!

Hi Maki,
do you have any idea, when SE-.20 will be available in App-Store?
Actually we changed SE-Version to the free Version on our Tablets to create sessions with mixed devices (Pro and free).
Kind Regards
Daniel

Hey @Daniel,
We are currently testing and will release the new version as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hey @Daniel

the new version 1.4.2 has been released to the Appstore! The version numbers with SE are in sync again.

More infos here: https://www.tagtool.org/t/new-version-tagtool-1-4-2-is-available-on-the-app-store

1 Like